Re: [MedievalSawdust] Re: Sharpening questions

  • nelsonhaynes@aol.com
    Message 1 of 5 , Nov 12, 2012
      I, also would use the scary sharp method using 600 grit and 1500 grit sandpaper. A good site to find out about the scary sharp method is: http://primeshop.com/access/woodwork/scarysharp/.

      I plan on teaching a class entitled " how to sharpen a knife" at Northwoods 12th night. if it goes over well, I might teach it at war.

      Also, finding good used tools is easy and inexpensive through the Midwest Tool Collectors Association. They know the difference between good working toos and collectors items. www.mwtca.org/

      Good Luck,

      Master Nigel
      In a message dated 11/11/2012 4:56:08 P.M. Eastern Standard Time, i_griffen@... writes:

      What grit(s)of paper would you suggest. The blade is convex, instead of pulling a curl it chips and clogs the assembly.

      Iain (John)