Low cost or no cost Shave Horse

  • i_griffen
    Message 1 of 1 , Nov 11, 2012
      Good morning all,

      I wanted to share the photos of a tool I just completed. In the Photo section you will find pics of my No Cost Shave Horse.

      Why did I make a shave horse? 2 reasons why, first I wanted to make one. Second I just found my spoke shave and draw knife and was trying to use a workmate bench and found it to tall to work at comfortably.

      The shave horse was made using material I found in my back yard and in my shop. In reality it did cost my something for the material but, I had the hardware leftover from pervious projects. the lumber also came from the scrap pile. So no additional cost.

      I used these two web sites for reference. www.permaculture.co.uk/articles/how-make-shave-horse ,www.newagrarian.com/2011/07/18/the-thirty-dollar-shaving- (this link is not complete). Using these sites as a guidelines I was able to come up with what you see.

      I hope you enjoy it.

      Iain Griffen