RE: [medievalsawdust] more stuff and question

  • Avery
    Message 1 of 7 , Oct 8, 2002
      Actually, you can get the same values with the pythaogorean therom, which, I think means that you could get them via compass and straight edge construction.

      Actually, it's doubtful they would have worried about this all that much as it isn't like they could have set their miter gauge and blade to a certain set of angles.  If they did cut things this way, I'll wager they did EVERYTHING to the same peak angle, rough cut it and then planed it to the appropriate angles using a shooting board of some sort.