RE: [MedievalSawdust] Natural Stain

  • D. Young
    Message 1 of 3 , Nov 6, 2012
      Neat!   Love to hear more about this...when was it used?

           Custom Commissions Welcome....!

      www.partsandtechnical.com

      To: medievalsawdust@yahoogroups.com
      From: persimmoncreekoutdoor@...
      Date: Thu, 1 Nov 2012 17:07:25 +0000
      Subject: [MedievalSawdust] Natural Stain

      Hello everyone, I have a quick question concerning nature stain that I have just made.

      I have boiled out around 5 gallons of concentrated Black Walnut Stain, now we used hot bathes to steralize and seal the jars, how long can we expect the stain to be stable and useable?

      Also I noticed that the sludge sits and gets water in it that is creates a stain also, can I re use the sludge to make more or is all the tannins only in the first true cooking of the stain?

      Any help would be great and keep that saw dust coming.

      Laurence