14th century bent armed chairs

  • gavinkilkenny
    Message 1 of 1 , Oct 1, 2012
      There's a photo album here with just a few pictures of these remarkably familiar "modern" chairs.

      Anyone have more information on them, or others similar? I've done the usual sorts of Google searches and run through Larsdatter's links, without finding anything to speak of.

      I'm wondering how common these chairs were in that era. I can just see getting a bunch of grief about the modern chairs, because they do look so familiar (close enough to "Windsor" that I couldn't describe the distinction) ;)

      Anyway, I find them intriguing.

      Gavin