Re: Green Mesquite

  • john_voloudakis
    Message 1 of 4 , Sep 14, 2012
      Erik,

      Mesquite will work well for turning while green. Don't forget to save the scraps for use in your smoker / bbq.

      -Valerian

      Baron Valerian of Somerset
      Barony of Carolingia, East Kingdom

      --- In medievalsawdust@yahoogroups.com, "ErikB" <bairdec@...> wrote:

      > Hey all,
      >
      > My landlord just cut down a mesquite tree, and he's leaving cuttings on the property for firewood. What can I do with green mesquite for projects (besides spoons)? The largest straight piece is about two feet long, with about 6"-8" diameter. Should the stuff be seasoned first?
      >
      > Erik Baird

    • Liedtke Goetz
      Message 2 of 4 , Sep 15, 2012
        Well, the tradition in Texas is to use it for barbed-wire fence posts (although juniper is preferred).  Mostly, it gets used for smoking/barbeque wood.

        My landlord just cut down a mesquite tree, and he's leaving cuttings on the property for firewood.  What can I do with green mesquite for projects (besides spoons)?  The largest straight piece is about two feet long, with about 6"-8" diameter.  Should the stuff be seasoned first?

        Erik Baird

        <*> Your email settings:
            Individual Email | Traditional

        <*> To change settings online go to: