Re: Hello, all

  • gavinkilkenny
    Message 1 of 7 , Sep 7, 2012
      I got a good sized broad axe off of EBay (about 11 pounds, edge somewhere around 12" +-) and between that and a felling axe, hewed the pine beam. It is heavy work - especially with such a heavy axe ;)
      but in some ways easier than I thought it would be. I think years of hitting moving targets with a stick made hitting a precise stationary target with an axe relatively simple.

      One thing I strongly recommend that I still haven't got hold of myself - log dogs. It really makes the job easier if the log is not trying to move on you the whole time!