Folding chair pictures from Flickr

  • Scot Eddy
    Message 1 of 6 , Sep 3, 2012
      A friend of mine sent me this link...

      lots of cool pics in this album. The picture before this one says that the chair is made of ash, the seat was of otter skin, and there were decoration of inlaid pitch.

      Jovian

    • gloerke
      Message 2 of 6 , Sep 5, 2012
        These are very cool pictures. The turned folding chair dates from 800-1500 BC. One of the next images also shows the woodworking plane found in Vimose, Funen dated around 300 AD with runic inscriptions.

        Marijn
        thomasguild.blogspot.nl

        --- In medievalsawdust@yahoogroups.com, Scot Eddy <mister_eddy2003@...> wrote:

        > A friend of mine sent me this link...
        >
        > http://www.flickr.com/photos/12636421@N05/4880327402/in/photostream/
        >
        > lots of cool pics in this album. The picture before this one says that the chair is made of ash, the seat was of otter skin, and there were decoration of inlaid pitch.
        >
        > Jovian

      • original_invariance
        Message 3 of 6 , Sep 5, 2012
          I'm sorry, I can't seem to find the picture of the plane with runic inscriptions on it, perhaps I'm missing something. Can you post a direct link please? I'm very interested in period hand tools.

          --- In medievalsawdust@yahoogroups.com, "gloerke" <gloerke@...> wrote:

          > These are very cool pictures. The turned folding chair dates from 800-1500 BC. One of the next images also shows the woodworking plane found in Vimose, Funen dated around 300 AD with runic inscriptions.
          >
          > Marijn
          > thomasguild.blogspot.nl
          >
          > --- In medievalsawdust@yahoogroups.com, Scot Eddy <mister_eddy2003@> wrote:
          > >
          > > A friend of mine sent me this link...
          > >
          > > http://www.flickr.com/photos/12636421@N05/4880327402/in/photostream/
          > >
          > > lots of cool pics in this album. The picture before this one says that the chair is made of ash, the seat was of otter skin, and there were decoration of inlaid pitch.
          > >
          > > Jovian

        • gloerke
          Message 4 of 6 , Sep 8, 2012
            The plane is in:

            http://www.flickr.com/photos/12636421@N05/4880335698/in/photostream/

            The photo shows a group of tools. At the bottom, next to the '5' is the plane. The runic inscriptions are not visible on this photo, but several books mention that this plane does have them.

            regards, marijn

            --- In medievalsawdust@yahoogroups.com, "original_invariance" <original_invariance@...> wrote:

            > I'm sorry, I can't seem to find the picture of the plane with runic inscriptions on it, perhaps I'm missing something. Can you post a direct link please? I'm very interested in period hand tools.
            >

            > --- In medievalsawdust@yahoogroups.com, "gloerke" <gloerke@> wrote:
            > >
            > > These are very cool pictures. The turned folding chair dates from 800-1500 BC. One of the next images also shows the woodworking plane found in Vimose, Funen dated around 300 AD with runic inscriptions.
            > >
            > > Marijn
            > > thomasguild.blogspot.nl
            > >
            > > --- In medievalsawdust@yahoogroups.com, Scot Eddy <mister_eddy2003@> wrote:
            > > >
            > > > A friend of mine sent me this link...
            > > >
            > > > http://www.flickr.com/photos/12636421@N05/4880327402/in/photostream/
            > > >
            > > > lots of cool pics in this album. The picture before this one says that the chair is made of ash, the seat was of otter skin, and there were decoration of inlaid pitch.
            > > >
            > > > Jovian

          • original_invariance
            Message 5 of 6 , Sep 8, 2012
              Thanks for the link, I was looking for the inscriptions and I missed it. It's quite interesting.