Looking for photos of King Edwards Chair

  • Gary Link
    Message 1 of 6 , Aug 29, 2012
      Hi Folks,
       I have a new client that is wanting a piece inspired by King Edwards Chair, the problem is I can't find good photos from all sides. Does anyone out there have photos they would shair with me, I've contacted Westminster Abby to see if they have documentation photos for the museum but have not heard back from them yet.

      In Service
      Hal

    • Scot Eddy
      Message 2 of 6 , Sep 3, 2012
        A friend of mine sent me this link...

        lots of cool pics in this album. The picture before this one says that the chair is made of ash, the seat was of otter skin, and there were decoration of inlaid pitch.

        Jovian

      • gloerke
        Message 3 of 6 , Sep 5, 2012
          These are very cool pictures. The turned folding chair dates from 800-1500 BC. One of the next images also shows the woodworking plane found in Vimose, Funen dated around 300 AD with runic inscriptions.

          Marijn
          thomasguild.blogspot.nl

          --- In medievalsawdust@yahoogroups.com, Scot Eddy <mister_eddy2003@...> wrote:

          > A friend of mine sent me this link...
          >
          > http://www.flickr.com/photos/12636421@N05/4880327402/in/photostream/
          >
          > lots of cool pics in this album. The picture before this one says that the chair is made of ash, the seat was of otter skin, and there were decoration of inlaid pitch.
          >
          > Jovian

        • original_invariance
          Message 4 of 6 , Sep 5, 2012
            I'm sorry, I can't seem to find the picture of the plane with runic inscriptions on it, perhaps I'm missing something. Can you post a direct link please? I'm very interested in period hand tools.

            --- In medievalsawdust@yahoogroups.com, "gloerke" <gloerke@...> wrote:

            > These are very cool pictures. The turned folding chair dates from 800-1500 BC. One of the next images also shows the woodworking plane found in Vimose, Funen dated around 300 AD with runic inscriptions.
            >
            > Marijn
            > thomasguild.blogspot.nl
            >
            > --- In medievalsawdust@yahoogroups.com, Scot Eddy <mister_eddy2003@> wrote:
            > >
            > > A friend of mine sent me this link...
            > >
            > > http://www.flickr.com/photos/12636421@N05/4880327402/in/photostream/
            > >
            > > lots of cool pics in this album. The picture before this one says that the chair is made of ash, the seat was of otter skin, and there were decoration of inlaid pitch.
            > >
            > > Jovian

          • gloerke
            Message 5 of 6 , Sep 8, 2012
              The plane is in:

              http://www.flickr.com/photos/12636421@N05/4880335698/in/photostream/

              The photo shows a group of tools. At the bottom, next to the '5' is the plane. The runic inscriptions are not visible on this photo, but several books mention that this plane does have them.

              regards, marijn

              --- In medievalsawdust@yahoogroups.com, "original_invariance" <original_invariance@...> wrote:

              > I'm sorry, I can't seem to find the picture of the plane with runic inscriptions on it, perhaps I'm missing something. Can you post a direct link please? I'm very interested in period hand tools.
              >

              > --- In medievalsawdust@yahoogroups.com, "gloerke" <gloerke@> wrote:
              > >
              > > These are very cool pictures. The turned folding chair dates from 800-1500 BC. One of the next images also shows the woodworking plane found in Vimose, Funen dated around 300 AD with runic inscriptions.
              > >
              > > Marijn
              > > thomasguild.blogspot.nl
              > >
              > > --- In medievalsawdust@yahoogroups.com, Scot Eddy <mister_eddy2003@> wrote:
              > > >
              > > > A friend of mine sent me this link...
              > > >
              > > > http://www.flickr.com/photos/12636421@N05/4880327402/in/photostream/
              > > >
              > > > lots of cool pics in this album. The picture before this one says that the chair is made of ash, the seat was of otter skin, and there were decoration of inlaid pitch.
              > > >
              > > > Jovian

            • original_invariance
              Message 6 of 6 , Sep 8, 2012
                Thanks for the link, I was looking for the inscriptions and I missed it. It's quite interesting.