Re: [MedievalSawdust] medieval trestles

  • barondevin@comcast.net
    Message 1 of 6 , Aug 5, 2012
      > I have visited the onze-lieve-vrouwe-ter-potterie museum in Bruges,
      > Belgium last month and took photos and measurements of four original
      > 15th century trestles, as well as the very large table board. This was

      Interesting that they set up all the trestles facing the same direction. I would have thought alternating them would provide more stability. I suppose it would make it easier to seat people on one side if it was being used as head table.

      Devin

      "The mass of Men lead lives of quiet desperation because some fool poet has borrowed their tools." R. Underhill (para.)
    • gloerke
      Message 2 of 6 , Aug 6, 2012
        the measurements are metric: cm in the drawing. No medieval thumbs, feet, etc... My apologies for that ;)

        marijn

        --- In medievalsawdust@yahoogroups.com, Jim Looper <jimlooper@...> wrote:

        > Are the measurements metric?
        >
        > Lucien
        > ...we can burn that river when we cross a bridge over a bush with two birds in glass houses.

      • Jeffrey Johnson
        Message 3 of 6 , Aug 6, 2012

          I've seen that table. It's awesome. The potterje has several very nice pieces.