Re: [MedievalSawdust] Food-Safe finish -can be modern

  • Bobby Bourgoin
    Message 1 of 10 , Jul 21, 2012
      Thanks to all who answered. It’s been VERY helpful.

      Bobby

      Sent: Wednesday, July 18, 2012 11:46 AM
      Subject: [MedievalSawdust] Food-Safe finish -can be modern

      Greetings;
      I remember reading a string of mails about this subject, but can remember the outcome...
      What wood finish (can be modern like varnish, or Minwax, or whatever) is food-safe?
      I would like a really hard finish for a wood plate, bowl, mug, and pitcher.  These can/will hold food and liquids both hot and cold for extended periods of time, and will most-likely see fairly hard use.  I am not fond of having to reapply a finish every month or so, multiple coats at the finish stage of the product is normal, but having to reapply after use is a pain...

      As mentioned this finish can be modern (or not), please help, any ideas

      Bobby