Demos at Estrella War

  • John LaTorre
    Message 1 of 2 , Jul 13, 2012
      Greetings to the list:

      (This missive is going out to various people and lists, so please
      forgive me if some of the things mentioned don't pertain to your
      particular interest.)

      A bunch of us are trying to revive the Period Encampment and Demo Center
      at Estrella War, since the newest autocrats seem to be very positive
      about restoring it or something like it.

      One thing we need to find out is whether people want to support it by
      offering demos in things like woodworking, blacksmithing, textile arts,
      cooking, or whatever. If you think you have something to offer, please
      let me know, as we would like to present the autocrats with specific
      activities and requests for the appropriate space. Please respond
      off-list if possible, so as not to clutter up the list.

      I, for my part, have told them that I am willing to bring the wood shop
      I have used at many previous wars, and that I am inviting all
      woodworkers to share my space and tools and such. I hope that this will
      spark.

      Please spread the word, and let me know if you're interested in
      participating.

      Yours in service,

      Johann von Drachenfels
    • Lynda Fjellman