Re: [MedievalSawdust] Admit it, you've bought things for dumber reasons!

  • Sean Powell
    Message 1 of 4 , Jul 13, 2012
      ROFL. At least everyone will know that it's yours. :)

      On 7/13/2012 10:21 AM, Avery Austringer wrote:
      So I own 6 bevel gauges now - a plastic piece of crap I picked up about 20 years ago, a small rosewood and brass Stanley I bought on purpose on E-bay, an all steel Stanley with the locking knob at the base, two older rosewood and brass models I got in a package of tools (along with the thing I really wanted) and a more ancient style of bevel gauge that I made myself (Any angle you want, as long as it's 30°, 45° or 60°. )

      But when I found this  (while looking for good images of the ancient style of bevel) I knew that it must be mine!

      Avery

    • Wolf
      Message 2 of 4 , Jul 13, 2012
        O-o-o-h-h, and an old tool to boot!!

        Yeah, I'd say that had your name written all over it......  (ducking and running)

        Wolf

        So I own 6 bevel gauges now - a plastic piece of crap I picked up about 20 years ago, a small rosewood and brass Stanley I bought on purpose on E-bay, an all steel Stanley with the locking knob at the base, two older rosewood and brass models I got in a package of tools (along with the thing I really wanted) and a more ancient style of bevel gauge that I made myself (Any angle you want, as long as it's 30°, 45° or 60°. )

        But when I found this  (while looking for good images of the ancient style of bevel) I knew that it must be mine!

        Avery

      • Bill Fariss
        Message 3 of 4 , Jul 14, 2012
          Can I ask where you found the plans for the bevel gauge?