[MedievalSawdust] new projects - was CHILDREN!

  • Julian Wilson
    Message 1 of 3 , Jun 24, 2012
      Well, Wolf, since you ask - read what's just appeared as projects for immediate attention -
      Oooh, nice couple of e-mail orders the night before last - a replica 15th.C. rope-suspension "state" bed and a set of gothic-themed, flat-packing, shelves, for delivery at "Raghlen ffair" in 8 weeks time. Added to an order for a dozen oak trenchers, and a request to restore a 200yr.old crucifix said to have belonged to Jersey's "martyr priest" Matthieu De Gruchy [executed 28th Nov.,1797, at the beginning of "The Terror"], - that little lot is going to keep me happily busy for about 170hrs.
      Beats hell out of spending the whole of last month  re-instating floors and making proper cable-access traps  behind the data-cabling contractor in our 'new' house, and mapping the underfloor Services while doing so, - the latter job, though neccessary, was just boring, and gave me an aching back and sore knees.

      In connection with the crucifix, would any other woodworking historian - knowledgeable about our Craft's minutiae - care to suggest a date when automatically-machine-made woodscrews became generally available in Brittany? Or any metalworking historian care to comment on French Latten and  Spelter-casting between 1750 and 1800?

      Matthewe Baker, SCA, Drachenwald.