Re: [MedievalSawdust]

  • Jeffrey Johnson
    Message 1 of 8 , Jun 23, 2012

      Spam spam spam spamy spam spamitty spam!

      Someones been hacked

      On Jun 23, 2012 1:47 AM, "Gary Link" <halraeburn@...> wrote:

      > http://tikiloungeandbar.com/wp-content/themes/mandigo/google.html?dkt=rb.jhj&wrg=ghj.wg&eec=iagw

    • Lisa Wiser
      Message 2 of 8 , Jun 23, 2012
        Lovely -- someone gets hacked and spam is sent to the list. So what
        happens? Two more from the list, to tell us it's spam Send the Spam on
        to the list -- again.

        When you see it and know it's spam and wish to inform anyone who hasn't
        figured it out for themselves, don't help the problem along but
        resending the spam --

        Jeffrey Johnson wrote:

        > Spam spam spam spamy spam spamitty spam!
        >
        > Someones been hacked
        > On Jun 23, 2012 1:47 AM, "Gary Link" <halraeburn@...

      • Gary Link
        Message 3 of 8 , Jun 23, 2012
          My account got hacked sorry for the crap working on cleaning it up.

          In Service
          Hal

        • Jeffrey Johnson
          Message 4 of 8 , Jun 23, 2012

            Aaaannnd.... Someone spamming to whine about spamming about spamming about spam... If you cant deal with a few superfluous emails, you probably shouldnt be subscribed to such lists.

            On Jun 23, 2012 11:21 AM, "Lisa Wiser" <lawiser@...> wrote:

            > Lovely -- someone gets hacked and spam is sent to the list. So what
            > happens? Two more from the list, to tell us it's spam Send the Spam on
            > to the list -- again.
            >
            > When you see it and know it's spam and wish to inform anyone who hasn't
            > figured it out for themselves, don't help the problem along but
            > resending the spam --
            >

            > Jeffrey Johnson wrote:
            > >
            > > Spam spam spam spamy spam spamitty spam!
            > >
            > > Someones been hacked
            > > On Jun 23, 2012 1:47 AM, "Gary Link" <halraeburn@...
            > > <mailto:halraeburn@...>> wrote:

            > <*> Your email settings:
            >    Individual Email | Traditional
            >
            > <*> To change settings online go to:
            >    (Yahoo! ID required)
            >
            > <*> To change settings via email:
            >    medievalsawdust-digest@yahoogroups.com
            >    medievalsawdust-fullfeatured@yahoogroups.com

            >    http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

          • Lisa Wiser
            Message 5 of 8 , Jun 23, 2012
              Jeffrey,

              Superfluous emails, happen

              People getting hacked, happens

              People then reminding everyone else those are probably spam, happen

              It's not REMOVING the offending URL that shouldn't happen.

              Jeffrey Johnson wrote:

              > Aaaannnd.... Someone spamming to whine about spamming about spamming
              > about spam... If you cant deal with a few superfluous emails, you
              > probably shouldnt be subscribed to such lists.
              > On Jun 23, 2012 11:21 AM, "Lisa Wiser" <lawiser@...
              > <mailto:lawiser@...>> wrote:
              > >
              > > Lovely -- someone gets hacked and spam is sent to the list. So what
              > > happens? Two more from the list, to tell us it's spam Send the Spam on
              > > to the list -- again.
              > >
              > > When you see it and know it's spam and wish to inform anyone who hasn't
              > > figured it out for themselves, don't help the problem along but
              > > resending the spam --
              > >

              > > Jeffrey Johnson wrote:
              > > >
              > > > Spam spam spam spamy spam spamitty spam!
              > > >
              > > > Someones been hacked
              > > > On Jun 23, 2012 1:47 AM, "Gary Link" <halraeburn@...
              > <mailto:halraeburn@...>
              > > > <mailto:halraeburn@... <mailto:halraeburn@...>>>
              > wrote:

              > > medievalsawdust-fullfeatured@yahoogroups.com
              > <mailto:medievalsawdust-fullfeatured@yahoogroups.com>

            • Graham Eyre
              Message 6 of 8 , Jun 23, 2012
                Well I must admit that I find the replies I have had from this group, regarding the SPAM very interesting. Including one that suggested I should leave the group if I couldn't take it. Now I have been a member of this group for quite some time all be it a fairly silent one, and this is the first time this is happened, that is why I queried it. Now if I was to take the advice given I probably wouldn't be using the computer at all. However I will turn this around on you people and suggest that this page wouldn't exist if every one took that advice. No, if it is SPAM put it in the spam file and delete it later, do not pass it on, otherwise you are assisting the SPAMER.

                I will now take the advice and leave the group. Bye

                href="mailto:medievalsawdust-fullfeatured@yahoogroups.com" ymailto="mailto:medievalsawdust-fullfeatured@yahoogroups.com">medievalsawdust-fullfeatured@yahoogroups.com