Re: [MedievalSawdust] Re: Resaw question

  • Scot Eddy
    Message 1 of 21 , Apr 13, 2012
      Went to our local community college and got 2 boards resawn for free! Cool shop to boot, must find a way to take classes there.

      Thanks for the suggestion.

      Grace and Peace,

      Jovian

      p.s. Found these shop tips. I already knew a few of them. Others will be incorporated immediately.
      http://imgur.com/a/e19Ap

    • conradh@efn.org
      Message 2 of 21 , Apr 16, 2012
        > Went to our local community college and got 2 boards resawn for free! Cool
        > shop to boot, must find a way to take classes there.
        >
        > Thanks for the suggestion.
        >
        > Grace and Peace,
        >
        > Jovian

        Check their rates, but a community college adult ed. shop class is often a
        cheap way to get access to some major power tools in a large space. Often
        you learn or show you know the basics and after that can just work on your
        own projects.

        Ulfhedinn
      • David
        Message 3 of 21 , Apr 16, 2012
          Even larger colleges often have night courses. I took bronze casting, and many of my fellow students had been taking the same course for 10 years for access to the equipment.