Re: Latest Lee Valley Tool

  • Broom
    Message 1 of 10 , Apr 4, 2012
      > Try to order one and you'll see it's an april fools...
      >
      > Bobby

      You realize you just confessed to the list that you tried to buy it, right?

      It's OK. I'm still waiting for my spaghetti-tree saplings to arrive.

      ' | Broom IAmBroom @ gmail . com
      ' | cellphone: 412-389-1997
      ' | 923 Haslage Ave, Pittsburgh, PA 15212
      '\|/ "Discere et docere", which means:
      '/|\ "If you gave Jerry Falwell an enema, he could be buried in a
      //|\\ matchbox" - Christopher Hitchens
    • ANDREW L
      Message 2 of 10 , Apr 4, 2012
        Ironically folks who know that the tools are April Fool's Day jokes still want to buy them because they are cool.

        IIRC there is only one tool that can be actually bought and that is the 'story tape'. I've purchased two of these. One for my Father, who owns so many tools he once sold a tool to Leonard Lee and another to a single Lady friend who has many 'adventures' that she can now record.

        http://www.leevalley.com/EN/home/PrintPage.aspx?p=65359&ap=3

        Cheers,

        Richard Larmer

        --- In medievalsawdust@yahoogroups.com, Broom <IAmBroom@...> wrote:

        > > Try to order one and you'll see it's an april fools...
        > >
        > > Bobby
        >
        > You realize you just confessed to the list that you tried to buy it, right?
        >
        > It's OK. I'm still waiting for my spaghetti-tree saplings to arrive.
        >
        > ' | Broom IAmBroom @ gmail . com
        > ' | cellphone: 412-389-1997
        > ' | 923 Haslage Ave, Pittsburgh, PA 15212
        > '\|/ "Discere et docere", which means:
        > '/|\ "If you gave Jerry Falwell an enema, he could be buried in a
        > //|\\ matchbox" - Christopher Hitchens

      • Bobby Bourgoin
        Message 3 of 10 , Apr 4, 2012
          No, but my dad tried another item a few years back...

          Bobby

          Message 4 of 10 , Apr 4, 2012
            I was just going to say about the tape...

            --- In mailto:medievalsawdust%40yahoogroups.com, Broom <IAmBroom@...> wrote:

            > > Try to order one and
            you'll see it's an april fools...

            > > Bobby
            >
            > You realize you just confessed to the list that you tried to buy it,
            right?

            > It's OK. I'm still waiting for my spaghetti-tree
            saplings to arrive.

            > ' | Broom IAmBroom @ gmail . com
            > '
            | cellphone: 412-389-1997
            > ' | 923 Haslage Ave, Pittsburgh, PA
            15212
            > '\|/ "Discere et docere", which means:
            > '/|\ "If you gave
            Jerry Falwell an enema, he could be buried in a
            > //|\\ matchbox" -
            Christopher Hitchens

          • conradh@efn.org
            Message 5 of 10 , Apr 4, 2012
              > Being a Canadian Company they care about the environment in the
              > manufacturing "Slump-formed using geothermal steam, the sustainably
              > produced shroud is carefully crafted from select recycled composite
              > material chosen for its clarity, and durability."

              They're also very safety conscious. Everybody knows about shop dust, but
              if some tiny dust particles are bad for your lungs, can you imagine
              inhaling a whole handful of plane shavings? Can't be too careful, after
              all!

              Ulfhedinn
            • d6crawler
              Message 6 of 10 , Apr 7, 2012
                Try this so you can more readily send it to friends :)

                I'm thinking of the pocket dovetailer myself.

                http://www.leevalley.com/us/wood/Search.aspx?action=n&txtSearchString=afd

                Daniel