Re: [MedievalSawdust] Latest Lee Valley Tool

  • maf@gleichen.ca
    Message 1 of 10 , Apr 3 7:45 AM
      I’ve met people like that. I loved the shavings on his head.

      Sent: Tuesday, April 03, 2012 5:19 AM
      Subject: [MedievalSawdust] Latest Lee Valley Tool

      I'm excited to discover the new custom tool from Lee Valley Tools. Their best stuff comes out on 1 April.  This one is to help with manual planing.

      Being a Canadian Company they care about the environment in the manufacturing "Slump-formed using geothermal steam, the sustainably produced shroud is carefully crafted from select recycled composite material chosen for its clarity, and durability."

      Next year they come out with the lathe version, "Having perfected the NFTS, our engineers have now turned their focus to other applications of this exciting technology. Watch for our new lathe accessory, the Veritas "Shroud of Turnin", a truly miraculous advancement."

      http://www.leevalley.com/en/wood/page.aspx?p=69302&cat=1%2C42401

      To find other similar products go to the search feature on the Lee Valley site and type in 'April'

      Oh and watch the video.  You'll smile.

      Cheers,

      Richard Larmer
    • Bobby Bourgoin
      Message 2 of 10 , Apr 3 7:59 AM
        Try to order one and you’ll see it’s an april fools...

        Bobby

        Message 3 of 10 , Apr 4 7:29 AM
          Here's a link to their other "special tools".

          http://www.leevalley.com/us/wood/Search.aspx?action=n

          You'll have to type --"AFD" inthe search.....

          i'd have to admit, some of those ideas are pretty interesting...... That's all i'll say.... :-)

          Message 4 of 10 , Apr 4 8:16 AM
            > Try to order one and you'll see it's an april fools...
            >
            > Bobby

            You realize you just confessed to the list that you tried to buy it, right?

            It's OK. I'm still waiting for my spaghetti-tree saplings to arrive.

            ' | Broom IAmBroom @ gmail . com
            ' | cellphone: 412-389-1997
            ' | 923 Haslage Ave, Pittsburgh, PA 15212
            '\|/ "Discere et docere", which means:
            '/|\ "If you gave Jerry Falwell an enema, he could be buried in a
            //|\\ matchbox" - Christopher Hitchens
          • ANDREW L
            Message 5 of 10 , Apr 4 8:29 AM
              Ironically folks who know that the tools are April Fool's Day jokes still want to buy them because they are cool.

              IIRC there is only one tool that can be actually bought and that is the 'story tape'. I've purchased two of these. One for my Father, who owns so many tools he once sold a tool to Leonard Lee and another to a single Lady friend who has many 'adventures' that she can now record.

              http://www.leevalley.com/EN/home/PrintPage.aspx?p=65359&ap=3

              Cheers,

              Richard Larmer

              Message 6 of 10 , Apr 4 8:57 AM
                No, but my dad tried another item a few years back...

                Bobby

                Message 7 of 10 , Apr 4 9:00 AM
                  I was just going to say about the tape...

                  --- In mailto:medievalsawdust%40yahoogroups.com, Broom <IAmBroom@...> wrote:

                  > > Try to order one and
                  you'll see it's an april fools...

                  > > Bobby
                  >
                  > You realize you just confessed to the list that you tried to buy it,
                  right?

                  > It's OK. I'm still waiting for my spaghetti-tree
                  saplings to arrive.

                  > ' | Broom IAmBroom @ gmail . com
                  > '
                  | cellphone: 412-389-1997
                  > ' | 923 Haslage Ave, Pittsburgh, PA
                  15212
                  > '\|/ "Discere et docere", which means:
                  > '/|\ "If you gave
                  Jerry Falwell an enema, he could be buried in a
                  > //|\\ matchbox" -
                  Christopher Hitchens

                • conradh@efn.org
                  Message 8 of 10 , Apr 4 3:47 PM
                    > Being a Canadian Company they care about the environment in the
                    > manufacturing "Slump-formed using geothermal steam, the sustainably
                    > produced shroud is carefully crafted from select recycled composite
                    > material chosen for its clarity, and durability."

                    They're also very safety conscious. Everybody knows about shop dust, but
                    if some tiny dust particles are bad for your lungs, can you imagine
                    inhaling a whole handful of plane shavings? Can't be too careful, after
                    all!

                    Ulfhedinn
                  • d6crawler
                    Message 9 of 10 , Apr 7 8:28 AM
                      Try this so you can more readily send it to friends :)

                      I'm thinking of the pocket dovetailer myself.

                      http://www.leevalley.com/us/wood/Search.aspx?action=n&txtSearchString=afd

                      Daniel