Re: Video- Recontructing a Norse House

  • buck_shomo
    Message 1 of 3 , Mar 4, 2012
      Thanks. Watched most of it and am in great envy of the skill levels of the craftsmen. As a tangent, have you ever seen the PBS documentary about the guy who retired to Alaska in the late '50s (maybe mid-'60s) and filmed himself building a log cabin. Kind of fascinating.

      --- In medievalsawdust@yahoogroups.com, barondevin@... wrote:

      > This turned up on another list I'm on:
      >
      > http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d4746vgMS-w
      >
      > It's about timber-frame construction and log cabin building the old Norse way. It's in Norwegian and 46 minutes long, but I found it worth a look.
      >
      > Devin
      >
      > "The mass of Men lead lives of quiet desperation because some fool poet has borrowed their tools." R. Underhill (para.)

    • d6crawler
      Message 2 of 3 , Mar 4, 2012
        That would be this guy:

        http://www.dickproenneke.com/

        Awesome documentary. The cabin is still there and maintained by the parks service.