Re: [MedievalSawdust] Re: Small carved face for musical instrument

  • Robert Capozello
    Message 1 of 5 , Feb 21, 2012
      Well, that is the size for the overall piece, wings and all.  If you are looking for just the face, then it might be closer to the size you need.

      -- Marcellus

      Message 2 of 5 , Feb 21, 2012
        Re: [MedievalSawdust] Re: Small carved face for musical instrument
        You may want to search on the pattern site for the Carvewright CNC (it’s in their “Pattern Depot” link off their website) .. I just did a quick check and see 3 pages of matches for “cherub”. All patterns are fully scalable, so you could make it whatever size you needed.

        The problem, of course, is you’d have to buy the pattern (some I saw were about $5, so not bad if you’re making multiples) and then have someone with a machine make them for you, rather than a pre-packaged thing. But it’d give you the flexibility you’re looking for and probably wouldn’t take much machine time.

        The 100k Garages site ( http://www.100kgarages.com/)
        might be a link to folks near you who have one..

        I also have one, so if you get stuck let me know – I’m just booked to the gills with work and non-work for the next few weeks, so it’d be a while..

        -Liam