Re: Small carved face for musical instrument

  • John LaTorre
    Message 1 of 5 , Feb 21, 2012
      Marcellus wrote:

      > Have you searched on www.etsy.com?
      >
      > http://www.etsy.com/listing/74553149/beautiful-cherub-seraphim-angle-child?ref=sr_gallery_3&sref=&ga_includes%5B0%5D=tags&ga_search_query=cherub+carve&ga_ref=related&ga_page=1&ga_search_type=all&ga_facet=

      That's exactly what I wanted, except that it's twice as big as I need it
      to be. But thanks for the link.

      I've seen enough of these little carved faces on various types of
      furniture, and figured that they had to be mass-produced somewhere. And
      I figured that this would be the place to ask.

      Johann von Drachenfels
      West Kingdom
    • Robert Capozello
      Message 2 of 5 , Feb 21, 2012
        Well, that is the size for the overall piece, wings and all.  If you are looking for just the face, then it might be closer to the size you need.

        -- Marcellus

        > http://www.etsy.com/listing/74553149/beautiful-cherub-seraphim-angle-child?ref=sr_gallery_3&sref=&ga_includes%5B0%5D=tags&ga_search_query=cherub+carve&ga_ref=related&ga_page=1&ga_search_type=all&ga_facet=

        That's exactly what I wanted, except that it's twice as big as I need it
        to be. But thanks for the link.

        I've seen enough of these little carved faces on various types of
        furniture, and figured that they had to be mass-produced somewhere. And
        I figured that this would be the place to ask.

        Johann von Drachenfels
        West Kingdom

      • Bill Schongar
        Message 3 of 5 , Feb 21, 2012
          Re: [MedievalSawdust] Re: Small carved face for musical instrument
          You may want to search on the pattern site for the Carvewright CNC (it’s in their “Pattern Depot” link off their website) .. I just did a quick check and see 3 pages of matches for “cherub”. All patterns are fully scalable, so you could make it whatever size you needed.

          The problem, of course, is you’d have to buy the pattern (some I saw were about $5, so not bad if you’re making multiples) and then have someone with a machine make them for you, rather than a pre-packaged thing. But it’d give you the flexibility you’re looking for and probably wouldn’t take much machine time.

          The 100k Garages site ( http://www.100kgarages.com/)
          might be a link to folks near you who have one..

          I also have one, so if you get stuck let me know – I’m just booked to the gills with work and non-work for the next few weeks, so it’d be a while..

          -Liam