Re: [medievalsawdust] Roy Underhill

  • Dan Baker
    Message 1 of 10 , Mar 30, 2002
      tell me about it. I am doing a gift of a viking bed right now. I should be
      out in the garage sanding, but, I took a break.

      --
      YIS,

      Lord Rhys, Capten gen y Arian Lloer
      Privateer to the Midrealm

      Arafu at dawnsio mewn adlaw
      ...Take time to dance in the rain...

      Message 2 of 10 , May 21 6:13 PM
        Hi all,
        We've been kinda quiet lately...

        I've been working on some ideas for
        a combat crossbow, and thinking about
        this year's campbed ( four poster style )

        Sunday Christophe and I got to meet
        Roy Underhill at the Heritage Village
        at Sharon Woods Park near Cincy. He is
        a really nice guy. Got him to sign one
        of his books for me. ( and a picture
        with me squinting into the sun )

        They are looking for someone to head
        up the project for the building of a
        blacksmith's shop. Wow, I wish I had
        a little experience in timberframing
        and a bit more free time. I've put my
        name on the list of those to call once
        they start building it though....

        Conal

        LAUNCH - Your Yahoo! Music Experience
        http://launch.yahoo.com
      • Dan Baker
        Message 3 of 10 , May 22 3:51 AM
          Nice, sounds like fun.

          Hey Conal, are you going to be at Kingdom A&S?

          Message 4 of 10 , May 22 6:25 AM
            ROY!...  awww, cool.   He was down in St.Louis a while back.  Didn't get to see him there either, darn.  ;-)   Some people have all the luck...

            Message 5 of 10 , May 22 2:38 PM
              Yes,
              I'm bringing the loom...

              Conal

              --- Dan Baker <Capten_Rhys@...> wrote:
              > Nice, sounds like fun.
              >
              > Hey Conal, are you going to be at Kingdom A&S?
              >

              > >Hi all,
              > > We've been kinda quiet lately...
              > >
              > >I've been working on some ideas for
              > >a combat crossbow, and thinking about
              > >this year's campbed ( four poster style )
              > >
              > > Sunday Christophe and I got to meet
              > >Roy Underhill at the Heritage Village
              > >at Sharon Woods Park near Cincy. He is
              > >a really nice guy. Got him to sign one
              > >of his books for me. ( and a picture
              > >with me squinting into the sun )
              > >
              > > They are looking for someone to head
              > >up the project for the building of a
              > >blacksmith's shop. Wow, I wish I had
              > >a little experience in timberframing
              > >and a bit more free time. I've put my
              > >name on the list of those to call once
              > >they start building it though....
              > >

              > > Conal

              > >LAUNCH - Your Yahoo! Music Experience
              > >http://launch.yahoo.com
              > ><< underhill9.jpg >>
              >

              > --
              > YIS,
              >
              > Lord Rhys, Capten gen y Arian Lloer
              > Privateer to the Midrealm
              >
              > Arafu at dawnsio mewn adlaw
              > ...Take time to dance in the rain...

              LAUNCH - Your Yahoo! Music Experience
              http://launch.yahoo.com
            • Scott Lane
              Message 6 of 10 , May 22 3:45 PM
                  Sunday Christophe and I got to meet
                Roy Underhill at the Heritage Village
                at Sharon Woods Park near Cincy. He is
                a really nice guy. Got him to sign one
                of his books for me. ( and a picture
                with me squinting into the sun )

                         Hmmm, Chrisophe was supposed to let me know when he was going to be in town...

                Aodhfin
              • Dan Baker
                Message 7 of 10 , May 23 4:18 AM
                  Very cool, I look forward to seeing it. It's only a 9 hour drive for me,
                  thought we would just day-trip it.......