RE: [MedievalSawdust] Check this out

  • D. Young
    Message 1 of 2 , Dec 27, 2011
      Honestly I think if your doing period work, your far better off with wooden planes.   Particularly if you do green woodworking.   Many woods, like oak have chemicals that interact with the steel plane and cause staining.    FYI

           Custom Commissions Welcome....!

      www.partsandtechnical.com

      To: medievalsawdust@yahoogroups.com
      From: avery1415@...
      Date: Tue, 27 Dec 2011 11:23:50 -0800
      Subject: [MedievalSawdust] Check this out

      http://www.ebay.com/itm/Stanley-no-40-1-2-Scrub-plane-rare-/220918089614?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item336fbe878e

      Tool collectors are probably looking at this an weeping, but obviously, somebody really needed a bench rabet plane and not so much a 40-1/2 scrub plane.  If I hadn't just gotten an Anant Kamal #10 I would so be bidding on this.

      Avery