Check this out

  • Avery Austringer
    Message 1 of 2 , Dec 27, 2011
      http://www.ebay.com/itm/Stanley-no-40-1-2-Scrub-plane-rare-/220918089614?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item336fbe878e

      Tool collectors are probably looking at this an weeping, but obviously, somebody really needed a bench rabet plane and not so much a 40-1/2 scrub plane.  If I hadn't just gotten an Anant Kamal #10 I would so be bidding on this.

      Avery
    • D. Young
      Message 2 of 2 , Dec 27, 2011
        Honestly I think if your doing period work, your far better off with wooden planes.   Particularly if you do green woodworking.   Many woods, like oak have chemicals that interact with the steel plane and cause staining.    FYI

             Custom Commissions Welcome....!

        www.partsandtechnical.com

        To: medievalsawdust@yahoogroups.com
        From: avery1415@...