Re: [MedievalSawdust] Folding / Break-Down Chair

  • Isabelle LaFar
    Message 1 of 5 , Dec 25, 2011
      I've got 3 styles on this page, all variations of one pattern.
      I went to an event in Meridies a few months ago, Master Geoffrey was teaching a class on these chairs but he had another variation; the back was pegged, the front stretcher was wider and cut lower in the middle and the slots on the sides where the seat slides in were narrower. The seat was fabric with a pocket sewn into either side, the fabric would slide through the slot on the side of the chair and a dowel into the fabric pocket to keep it from sliding back through the slot. The result was comfortable and one less piece of plywood (the seat) to carry around. His version also had a stretcher in the rear for stability.
      ---Isabelle

      On Thu, Dec 15, 2011 at 1:04 PM, Bobby Bourgoin <bobby.bourgoin@...> wrote:

      Greetings
      I am looking for ideas / plans for folding and or break-down chairs.  These don’t have to be period, just look the part...
      Thanks

      Bobby