RE: [MedievalSawdust] Re: Hand tool classes

  • D. Young
    Message 1 of 15 , Dec 7, 2011
      If there is sufficient interest, I could give a class.    I live near Washington DC.

      Truth be told, I only use hand tools.

      Most classes seem to be 30-60.   Id give a couple hours of toying around for $10 if we had 3-7 people.

      -Drew

           Custom Commissions Welcome....!

      www.partsandtechnical.com

      To: medievalsawdust@yahoogroups.com
      From: baethan1630@...
      Date: Wed, 7 Dec 2011 11:56:02 -0800
      Subject: Re: [MedievalSawdust] Re: Hand tool classes

      North House Folk School in Grand Marais, Minnesota on Lake Superior) also offers classes.

      http://www.northhouse.org/

      Message 2 of 15 , Dec 7, 2011
        don't worry Bayard, NJ is seeming far from anywhere in this thread!

        --- In medievalsawdust@yahoogroups.com, "Ron" <williams@...> wrote:

        > I'm closest to Fargo, ND, which means I'm a long way from anywhere. I have taken 3 or 4 woodturning classes at Arrowmont School of Arts and Crafts in TN, so flying to a class is not out of the realm of possibilities.
        >
        > Bayard
        >
        > --- In medievalsawdust@yahoogroups.com, nelsonhaynes@ wrote:
        > >
        > > What city do you live near?
        > >
        > > Master Nigel

      • Ron
        Message 3 of 15 , Dec 8, 2011
          I took a spring pole turning class there in 2009. Its a great place. However, the current classes teach pwer tool basics, but not hand tool basics (except for timber framing).

          Bayard