Re: [MedievalSawdust] "bendy board"?

  • Jim Hart
    Message 1 of 17 , Nov 8, 2011
      Sometimes called wacky wood too.....

      VERY useful if you need it Not good for much else than when you are building something with a curved
      face. You have to veneer or laminate it before you do anything else with it, even if you just want to paint it

      ..... Never tried to buy it for personal use....
      I use it at work often.....

      On Tue, Nov 8, 2011 at 4:26 PM, leaking pen <itsatrap@...> wrote:

      its reffered to as bending stock, or rolling stock.

      It has its uses

      not particularly valuable, no. hard to get these days though.

      On Tue, Nov 8, 2011 at 2:23 PM, Scot Eddy <mister_eddy2003@...> wrote:

      We have a 4'x8' sheet of what my wife calls bendy board. It was in the house when I married her so all I know is that she calls it 'bendy board'. I bends very well in one direction. I could make a cylinder 8' in circumference and 4' tall. It will also let me bend it in a ripple.

      It's not a laminate like ply wood, but it looks like pieces of wood have been glued edge to edge to make up the 8' length.

      A) Does anyone know the name of this material?

      B) Wife said it was "worth a lot of money", is this true?

      C) Is it worth keeping?

      Thanks,

      Jovian Skleros

      --