Re: Need advice on cutting a wooden screw

  • Broom
    Message 1 of 16 , Nov 3, 2011
      >>> Turns the drill press into an expedient lathe.
      >>
      >> Oh, Ulfhedinn, you and your fancy power drill! THIS is the way to do it:
      >>   www.liveleak.com/view?i=1a6_1319771245
      >
      > Couldn't open the link, but much of this is based on stuff I've seen or
      > done in the past.  Right now, frex, my metalworking lathe is down with
      > out-of-round Babbit bearings and my "fancy power drill" needs a new motor!
      >  So I'm as interested in the suggestions here as the OP is!

      Mostly it was a humorous reply.

      The link is a video of a Marrakesh man operating a hand-pulled
      bow-lathe, pressing his gouge against a makeshift rest with his bare
      foot to turn out chess pieces. Amazingly simple: string, "C"-frame,
      two pivot points, a rest (iron bar?), and a gouge.

      ' | Broom IAmBroom @ gmail . com
      ' | cellphone: 412-389-1997
      '\|/ 923 Haslage Ave, Pittsburgh, PA 15212
      '/|\ "Discere et docere", which means:
      //|\\ "Life is overrated and always fatal." - baka-san, Fark