Re: [MedievalSawdust] Small wooden salt cellar?

  • Jim Hart
    Message 1 of 4 , Sep 28, 2011
      just realized I asked you for a pic and you were asking for a picture.....

      guess I should not reply while helping my daughter do her homework....

      On Wed, Sep 28, 2011 at 3:45 PM, Jim Hart <conalohairt@...> wrote:
      Gotta picture of what you are thinking?

      On Wed, Sep 28, 2011 at 3:40 PM, Crazy Cat Lady <brockenspectre@...> wrote:

      Does anyone have pictures or sources showing a small wooden salt cellar or dish? Individual size, or maybe for a middle class household. (Basically, something that doesn't take up a lot of space either on the table or to pack.)

      I've found quite a few gilt or silver, large ornate ones, but not the small ones. I've also found tantalizing mention of "trencher salts" but the only pictures I'm coming up with are post period.

      I'm flexible on time and place, though would prefer later period England or areas surrounding.

      Thanks!
      Kat Ferneley

      --
      Jim Hart