Re: [MedievalSawdust] Re: Finish for a Throne

  • Graham Eyre
    Message 1 of 38 , Sep 13, 2011
      Hi Siegfried

      Have just looked Danish Oil in Wikipedia and this is the result Danish oil is a wood finishing oil, made of either Tung oil or Polymerized Linseed oil. there is that Polymerized word again that Eirikr sent an explanation.

      Graham

      Message 38 of 38 , Sep 14, 2011
        try it in your coffee Jim   ...you can tell its been boiled or not.

        :)

             Custom Commissions Welcome....!

        www.partsandtechnical.com

        To: medievalsawdust@yahoogroups.com
        From: conalohairt@...
        Date: Wed, 14 Sep 2011 08:04:12 -0400

        I've got a can of it in my paint cabinet right now.

        That is the chemically treated stuff. I've used it before. I was wondering about boiled linseed
        oil that has actually been 'boiled'.

        On Tue, Sep 13, 2011 at 8:43 PM, Bill Fariss <wfariss@...> wrote:

        Lowes or Home Depot has screw top cans in the paint department. Look for Boiled Linseed oil.

        William Fariss
        "Never look back unless you want to go that way"