Re: [MedievalSawdust] Re: Finish for a Throne

  • Jim Hart
    Message 1 of 38 , Sep 13, 2011
      hmmm... no luck finding a truly boiled linseed oil in a quick google search.
      Is there a commercial source for linseed oil that has actually been 'boiled'?

      Or I can cruise yard sales and look for a crock pot and try it myself OUTSIDE.

      On Tue, Sep 13, 2011 at 7:35 PM, Siegfried <siegfried@...> wrote:
      Boiled.   (More specifically, the stuff you get in the big can at the
      box stores, which says 'boiled' but really is chemically treated to dry)

      Siegfried

      <*> Your email settings:
         Individual Email | Traditional

      <*> To change settings online go to:
         (Yahoo! ID required)

      <*> To change settings via email:
         medievalsawdust-digest@yahoogroups.com

         http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

      --
      Jim Hart
        Conal OhAirt

    • D. Young
      Message 38 of 38 , Sep 14, 2011
        try it in your coffee Jim   ...you can tell its been boiled or not.

        :)

             Custom Commissions Welcome....!

        www.partsandtechnical.com

        To: medievalsawdust@yahoogroups.com
        From: conalohairt@...
        Date: Wed, 14 Sep 2011 08:04:12 -0400
        Subject: Re: [MedievalSawdust] Re: Finish for a Throne

        I've got a can of it in my paint cabinet right now.

        That is the chemically treated stuff. I've used it before. I was wondering about boiled linseed
        oil that has actually been 'boiled'.

        On Tue, Sep 13, 2011 at 8:43 PM, Bill Fariss <wfariss@...> wrote:

        Lowes or Home Depot has screw top cans in the paint department. Look for Boiled Linseed oil.

        William Fariss
        "Never look back unless you want to go that way"