Help Pricing a 1954 (or so) Delta Combination Shop

  • meisterin02
    Message 1 of 6 , Sep 8, 2011
      Hey, guys, I need your assistance in pricing the above combination. It belonged to my father, who passed away earlier this year. A neighbor is interested in it, but we don't know what its value is today. I think he paid $258.80 plus tax for it when he purchased it around 1954 (I can't recall exactly, as I was pretty young at the time). This saw has the jointer, drill press and disk sander attachments. Anyone have an idea of what I should expect to ask?

      Thanks ahead of time...

      ~~ Katarina Helene
    • Bobby Bourgoin
      Message 2 of 6 , Sep 8, 2011

        I may be wrong, but with tools/machinery that old, it all depends on how much the other is ready to pay for it, and in what condition it’s in, etc…

        But then again I may be wrong, and I often am with this kind of thing…

        Bobby

        Message 3 of 6 , Sep 9, 2011
          These older tools have a big following online so I would check e-bay and some other sites to see what price they are going for. I just sold my 1950 Delta table saw for $300 and it new barrings and I had a dozen people biding on it.

          By the way I have 50's vintage Delta drill press, 50 ton hydraulic press, for sale if anyone is interested please contact me directly

          In Service
          Hal
          halraeburn@...
          312-560-9251

          To: medievalsawdust@yahoogroups.com
          From: bobby.bourgoin@...
          Date: Thu, 8 Sep 2011 19:45:00 -0400

          I may be wrong, but with tools/machinery that old, it all depends on how much the other is ready to pay for it, and in what condition it’s in, etc…

          But then again I may be wrong, and I often am with this kind of thing…

          Bobby

          Hey, guys, I need your assistance in pricing the above combination. It belonged to my father, who passed away earlier this year. A neighbor is interested in it, but we don't know what its value is today. I think he paid $258.80 plus tax for it when he purchased it around 1954 (I can't recall exactly, as I was pretty young at the time). This saw has the jointer, drill press and disk sander attachments. Anyone have an idea of what I should expect to ask?

          Thanks ahead of time...

          ~~ Katarina Helene

        • Helen
          Message 4 of 6 , Sep 9, 2011
            Thanks, Hal.  This is going to a neighbor who was a good friend to my Dad, so I don't mind getting back just what my Dad paid for it, which would be about $300.  I would have loved to keep it, but it is larger than my little shop in the garage will hold <sigh> (not to mention the weight of getting it from California to Indiana).

            ~~ Katarina Helene

            From: bobby.bourgoin@...
            Date: Thu, 8 Sep 2011 19:45:00 -0400

          • conradh@efn.org
            Message 5 of 6 , Sep 10, 2011
              Message 6 of 6 , Sep 11, 2011

                I want to thank everyone who has commented on my query.  I decided to take slightly less than my Dad originally paid for it, since it was going to a neighbor who not only had often helped my Dad with projects while using it, but he made an offer on it.  I would love to have taken it back to Indiana, but I fear the shipping costs would far outweigh the value of the machine.  As far as I know, it is in pretty good working order, but might need some oiling of parts due to lack of use over the past 10 years or so.

                ~~ Katarina Helene