Re: Johann's Workbench

  • John LaTorre
    Message 1 of 4 , Aug 31, 2011
      Marijn - St. Thomasguild wrote:

      > Dear Johann and William,
      >
      > Though Johann made no construction drawings, he did base his design on the drawings of the Nurnberg craftsman Loffelholz from 1505. Or at least the workbenches look very identical. I have some images of the workbench of Loffelholz in my photofolder 'Thomasguild'.

      That was indeed one of my inspirations, although I dispensed with the
      tail vise. I also decided not to recess the jaws of the side vise, in
      order to make it a little more versatile.

      Sorry about not giving you the dimensions yet. The workbench itself is
      in storage, and under a pile of other SCA stuff. I hope to excavate this
      weekend.

      --Johann