Three-legged stool from the Metropolitan museum: does anyone has a color image?

  • gloerke
    Message 1 of 3 , Aug 15 1:07 PM
      A couple of years ago I have made a pair of three-legged stools based on an example from 1490. I worked from a single black-and-white photo from a (Dutch) furniture book. The original is supposed to be in the Metropolitan museum in New York (or perhaps the Cloisters?). The top of the backrest of the stool carries the heraldic symbol of the Strozzi family of Florence (Italy).
      Is there anyone who can help me to a color photo of this chair? (I am planning to write something how I made it)
      I have put the black and white image of the original as well as my version of the stool in the photo area.

      Thanks,

      Marijn
      Saint Thomasguild
      thomasguild.blogspot.com
    • gloerke
      Message 2 of 3 , Aug 15 1:15 PM
        the photos are in the album "Thomasguild"

        marijn

        --- In medievalsawdust@yahoogroups.com, "gloerke" <gloerke@...> wrote:

        > A couple of years ago I have made a pair of three-legged stools based on an example from 1490. I worked from a single black-and-white photo from a (Dutch) furniture book. The original is supposed to be in the Metropolitan museum in New York (or perhaps the Cloisters?). The top of the backrest of the stool carries the heraldic symbol of the Strozzi family of Florence (Italy).
        > Is there anyone who can help me to a color photo of this chair? (I am planning to write something how I made it)
        > I have put the black and white image of the original as well as my version of the stool in the photo area.
        >
        > Thanks,
        >
        > Marijn
        > Saint Thomasguild
        > thomasguild.blogspot.com

      • Bill Fariss
        Message 3 of 3 , Aug 17 9:36 AM
          Does anyone know any information on Johann's Workbench or Johann's Workbench 2 as listed in the Photo Albums. It appears that the individual that uploaded the photos is gone. I would like to get any construction drawings, measurements, etc. Any information would be helpful.

          Thanks

          William Fariss
          "Never look back unless you want to go that way"