Artisans Row

  • nelsonhaynes@aol.com
    Message 1 of 1 , Jul 24, 2011

      Greetings period woodworkers!

      I have been asked by Master Brustin to demonstrate woodworking at

      Artisans Row on war Wednesday.

      My plan is to teach the basics of wood working one on one. Things I will

      teach will be: cutting, drilling, mortise cutting, marking, and dovetails. I will

      also be teaching how to carve a Viking horse (12:00) and chip carving

      (4:00). These classes will be in AS 13.

      Ciarra, my apprentice will demonstrate how to make diptychs.

      I am attempting to get Ian, my brother squire, to bring his spring pole lathe.

      I am told that a cooper will be present, making buckets.

      I plan on bringing 500 copies of my generic woodworker’s resource list to the site. It is a good starting point for a beginning woodworker looking for information.

      What I could use:

      1)     People willing to be around to help out and watch my tools when I need a break.

      2)     Scrap lumber. My ideal scrap would be a pine board about 3” by 6” with at least one smooth edge. I expect I could use a couple of grocery bags of these scraps. After use, we could start a fire.

      Anyone who would like to help is absolutely welcome to stop on by. My only hard and fast rule is that we are demonstrating medieval woodworking. No power tools will be allowed.

      If anyone plans on a formal demonstration on Wednesday, please contact me so we can coordinate. I will need coverage when I am teaching classes.

      Also, if anyone wants to display their wood working, they are welcome to drop them off and display for the day. I will be happy to promote you.

      My contact information is:

      Master Nigellus leHaie

      Nelson Haynes

      nelsonhaynes@...