Bed wrench

  • Laura Iseman
    Message 1 of 5 , Jul 19, 2011
      Can someone link to video of how this is used? Or provide a step by step for dummies description? I can imagine a couple of ways but they all fall short on the bit where you hold the tension to move to the next bit.

      Miriam

      On Wed, Jul 20, 2011 at 12:27 PM, Liedtke Goetz <goetzliedtke@...> wrote:

      Now you're starting to sound like a GEICO commercial - even a caveman/ten year old can do it, takes only 15 minutes.

      Actually, you're quite correct.  It really is easy with a bed wrench.

      --
      "The test of a vocation is the love of the drudgery it involves." -- Logan Pearsall Smith

    • Chad McInturff
      Message 2 of 5 , Jul 19, 2011
        The way I solve this issue is to take a peg (think kind of like an oversize golf tee) and push it into the hole in the rail  with the rope you just tightened to create friction to keep it from loosening and then move to the next hole.  I actually use 2 pegs, one for each side.

        There's a fine line between bravery and stupidity, and you're 500 miles into stupid right now.-Unknown author

        Message 3 of 5 , Jul 19, 2011
          I'm never sure how the link .y CrackBerry gets translates to "real" viewing (I've had people say they couldn't follow the link or get the video to play.).

          If you go to YouTube and in the search box put ROPE BED you get a demo for weaving a bed and using the bed wrench.

          From: Laura Iseman <laurai@...>
          Sender: medievalsawdust@yahoogroups.com
          Date: Wed, 20 Jul 2011 13:07:44 +1000
          To: <medievalsawdust@yahoogroups.com>
          ReplyTo: medievalsawdust@yahoogroups.com

          Can someone link to video of how this is used? Or provide a step by step for dummies description? I can imagine a couple of ways but they all fall short on the bit where you hold the tension to move to the next bit.

          Miriam

          On Wed, Jul 20, 2011 at 12:27 PM, Liedtke Goetz <goetzliedtke@...> wrote:

          Now you're starting to sound like a GEICO commercial - even a caveman/ten year old can do it, takes only 15 minutes.

          Actually, you're quite correct.  It really is easy with a bed wrench.

          --
          "The test of a vocation is the love of the drudgery it involves." -- Logan Pearsall Smith

        • gman8176
          Message 4 of 5 , Jul 20, 2011
            I too was wondering how to actually use the bed wrench. I searched the internet and found the following website that had pictures showing the use of a bed wrench to tighten the ropes.

            http://gallery.nickstoys.com/home/index/3

            I hope this will help others understand how the bed wrench functions.

            --- In medievalsawdust@yahoogroups.com, Laura Iseman <laurai@...> wrote:

            > Can someone link to video of how this is used? Or provide a step by step for
            > dummies description? I can imagine a couple of ways but they all fall short
            > on the bit where you hold the tension to move to the next bit.
            >
            > Miriam
          • Laura Iseman
            Message 5 of 5 , Jul 20, 2011
              Thanks very much for that! just what I needed to see. 8->

              Miriam

              _

              --
              "The test of a vocation is the love of the drudgery it involves." -- Logan Pearsall Smith