Book: Domestic Wooden Artefacts

  • Gregory G. Stapleton
    Message 1 of 4 , Oct 5, 2002
      Message

      FYI:  Just found this at David Brown Books

      http://www.oxbowbooks.com/bookinfo.cfm?&ID=6614

      Domestic Wooden Artefacts

      by Caroline Earwood

      Radiocarbon dating has made possible a chronology for the hundreds of previously undated wooden artefacts found during the drainage works and peat diggings in 19th and 20th century Ireland and Scotland. Using these results this book is able to analyse the developments in manufacturing methods of domestic wooden artefacts in Britain and Ireland from the Neolithic to the end of the first millennium AD. The distribution of artefacts - chronologically and geographically - and the organisation of manufacture and the cultural context are analysed and discussed, and comparison with European types made. The relationships between function, style and value of wooden artefacts and those made of metal, pottery and stone are also examined. `One of the most refreshing and stimulating recent books on British archaeology' - Current Archaeolgy. 300p with 136 figs & illus. (Exeter UP 1993)

      ISBN 0859893898. Hardback. Price US $85.00
      Gregory G. Stapleton
      "I proudly pledge allegiance to one nation under God."
    • Dan Baker
      Message 2 of 4 , Oct 5, 2002
        lol, thought you would like that....

        --