Re: [MedievalSawdust] opinions please

  • Peter Ellison
    Message 1 of 5 , Jun 2, 2011
      EBay's advanced search for "Completed Items" can sometimes give you a hint at what things are going for.

      Looking at the recent listings for bowl adze you might be a little low.

      If you look for the "folding draw knife" you can compare what you paid with what the other recent listings went for.

      Peter

      > I'm watching Ebay for a bowl making adze.
      >
      > I picked up a folding draw knife as my last tool purchase and managed to
      > get
      > nice one under my bid limit of $25 without it taking too long.
      >
      > Am I expecting too much to do the same for the adze or is it just a matter
      > of time?
      > Tthis is the kind of adze I'm looking for
      >
      > http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=220790835174&ssPageName=STRK:MEBIDX:IT#ht_888wt_1139
      >
      > If I'm being totally unrealistic I can rethink my 'bid limit' and consider
      > bidding higher....
      >
      > --
      > Jim Hart
      > Conal OhAirt
      >
      > Aude Aliquid Digmun - *dare something worthy*

    • AqA WyrdWynd
      Message 2 of 5 , Jun 2, 2011
        if ya dont i will !!...hehehe
        pete

        Message 3 of 5 , Jun 2, 2011
          Opinion? Don't advertise your bid limit to a pool of potential bidders? :)

        • chad.laurie@sbcglobal.net
          Message 4 of 5 , Jun 3, 2011
            Pointing to the active auction you are bidding for is about the same as giving up the location of your best fishing spot.

            Ælfwine