opinions please

  • Jim Hart
    Message 1 of 5 , Jun 2, 2011
      I'm watching Ebay for a bowl making adze.

      I picked up a folding draw knife as my last tool purchase and managed to get a
      nice one under my bid limit of $25 without it taking too long.

      Am I expecting too much to do the same for the adze or is it just a matter of time?
      Tthis is the kind of adze I'm looking for

      If I'm being totally unrealistic I can rethink my 'bid limit' and consider bidding higher....

      --
      Jim Hart
        Conal OhAirt

    • Peter Ellison
      Message 2 of 5 , Jun 2, 2011
        EBay's advanced search for "Completed Items" can sometimes give you a hint at what things are going for.

        Looking at the recent listings for bowl adze you might be a little low.

        If you look for the "folding draw knife" you can compare what you paid with what the other recent listings went for.

        Peter

        > I'm watching Ebay for a bowl making adze.
        >
        > I picked up a folding draw knife as my last tool purchase and managed to
        > get
        > nice one under my bid limit of $25 without it taking too long.
        >
        > Am I expecting too much to do the same for the adze or is it just a matter
        > of time?
        > Tthis is the kind of adze I'm looking for
        >
        > http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=220790835174&ssPageName=STRK:MEBIDX:IT#ht_888wt_1139
        >
        > If I'm being totally unrealistic I can rethink my 'bid limit' and consider
        > bidding higher....
        >
        > --
        > Jim Hart
        > Conal OhAirt
        >
        > Aude Aliquid Digmun - *dare something worthy*

      • AqA WyrdWynd
        Message 3 of 5 , Jun 2, 2011
          if ya dont i will !!...hehehe
          pete

          Message 4 of 5 , Jun 2, 2011
            Opinion? Don't advertise your bid limit to a pool of potential bidders? :)

          • chad.laurie@sbcglobal.net
            Message 5 of 5 , Jun 3, 2011
              Pointing to the active auction you are bidding for is about the same as giving up the location of your best fishing spot.

              Ælfwine