Re: [MedievalSawdust] other uses for your pencil

  • Keith Dombrowski
    Message 1 of 8 , May 14 6:25 AM
      Wow. Yup. Definitely insane.

      -K

      On 5/14/2011 9:01 AM, Jim Hart wrote: someone is insane

    • Julian Wilson
      Message 2 of 8 , May 14 7:22 AM
        Yup, quite definitely too much time on their hands.
        This reminds me of a Forger I once met [a maker of micro-manipulatory instruments] who had engraved the Lord's Prayer on the head of an ordinary dressmakers' pin!
        Another of his 2examples of work was  - on the head of another such pin - a picture of 2 angels dancing, wings spread!
        As an exhibit of his skills it was astounding, and must have been at what was then the absolute limit of what magnification, and materials limits, and 'waldoes' - could achieve.
         But of no practical use in the macro world whatsoever.

        Matthewe

        --- On Sat, 14/5/11, Keith Dombrowski <kad.dsl@...> wrote:

        Wow. Yup. Definitely insane.

        -K

        On 5/14/2011 9:01 AM, Jim Hart wrote:

        someone is insane

      • David Pogue
        Message 3 of 8 , May 14 7:52 AM
          This was done by someone with a great deal of talent, control, and too much time on their hands. :-)

          Malcolm

          To: medievalsawdust@yahoogroups.com
          From: conalohairt@...
          Date: Sat, 14 May 2011 09:01:01 -0400
          Subject: [MedievalSawdust] other uses for your pencil

          someone is insane

        • Broom
          Message 4 of 8 , May 15 4:08 AM
            Matthewe wrote:
            >  But of no practical use in the macro world whatsoever.

            The same could be said of most any other artist.

            ' | Broom IAmBroom @ gmail . com
            ' | cellphone: 412-389-1997
            ' | 9370 Shadduck Rd, McKean, PA 16426
            ' | "Discere et docere", which means:
            '\|/ "Either you repeat the same conventional doctrines everybody is
            '/|\ saying, or else you say something true, and it will sound like
            //|\\ it's from Neptune." - Noam Chomsky
          • Alaxandr MacLochloinn
            Message 5 of 8 , May 15 9:23 AM
              There goes Broom with his sweeping generalizations.  ;-)

              From: Broom <IAmBroom@...>
              >  But of no practical use in the macro world whatsoever.
              The same could be said of most any other artist.

            • Electric Wolf
              Message 6 of 8 , May 15 9:26 AM
                I think that's a STRAW man argument.  :)

                From: Broom <IAmBroom@...>

                --
                David "Volk'abe" Mc.
                Nullum beneficium inpune stat.