other uses for your pencil

  • Jim Hart
    Message 1 of 8 , May 14, 2011
      someone is insane

    • Keith Dombrowski
      Message 2 of 8 , May 14, 2011
        Wow. Yup. Definitely insane.

        -K

        On 5/14/2011 9:01 AM, Jim Hart wrote: someone is insane

      • Julian Wilson
        Message 3 of 8 , May 14, 2011
          Yup, quite definitely too much time on their hands.
          This reminds me of a Forger I once met [a maker of micro-manipulatory instruments] who had engraved the Lord's Prayer on the head of an ordinary dressmakers' pin!
          Another of his 2examples of work was  - on the head of another such pin - a picture of 2 angels dancing, wings spread!
          As an exhibit of his skills it was astounding, and must have been at what was then the absolute limit of what magnification, and materials limits, and 'waldoes' - could achieve.
           But of no practical use in the macro world whatsoever.

          Matthewe

          --- On Sat, 14/5/11, Keith Dombrowski <kad.dsl@...> wrote:

          Wow. Yup. Definitely insane.

          -K

          On 5/14/2011 9:01 AM, Jim Hart wrote:

          someone is insane

        • David Pogue
          Message 4 of 8 , May 14, 2011
            This was done by someone with a great deal of talent, control, and too much time on their hands. :-)

            Malcolm

            To: medievalsawdust@yahoogroups.com
            From: conalohairt@...
            Date: Sat, 14 May 2011 09:01:01 -0400
            Subject: [MedievalSawdust] other uses for your pencil

            someone is insane

          • Broom
            Message 5 of 8 , May 15, 2011
              Matthewe wrote:
              >  But of no practical use in the macro world whatsoever.

              The same could be said of most any other artist.

              ' | Broom IAmBroom @ gmail . com
              ' | cellphone: 412-389-1997
              ' | 9370 Shadduck Rd, McKean, PA 16426
              ' | "Discere et docere", which means:
              '\|/ "Either you repeat the same conventional doctrines everybody is
              '/|\ saying, or else you say something true, and it will sound like
              //|\\ it's from Neptune." - Noam Chomsky
            • Alaxandr MacLochloinn
              Message 6 of 8 , May 15, 2011
                There goes Broom with his sweeping generalizations.  ;-)

                From: Broom <IAmBroom@...>
                >  But of no practical use in the macro world whatsoever.
                The same could be said of most any other artist.

              • Electric Wolf
                Message 7 of 8 , May 15, 2011
                  I think that's a STRAW man argument.  :)

                  From: Broom <IAmBroom@...>

                  --
                  David "Volk'abe" Mc.
                  Nullum beneficium inpune stat.