Re: [MedievalSawdust] Advice on table saw

  • jay sabath
    Message 1 of 22 , Apr 27, 2011
      Just a bit of advise.  Get the saw tuned up.  Here is a good start.

      http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lxRSarTJLMU

      On Sun, Apr 24, 2011 at 11:21 PM, Royce <rcetlin@...> wrote:

      Hello all,

      I’ve lurked around for a long while here, figuring one day I’ll finally start getting tools together to do woodworking.

      My primary goal  is to be able to build decent, durable chests and chairs that look a lot more period than my folding metal garden chairs and plastic totes…

      I just picked up a craftsman 10” 2.5 developed hp (137.248760 model) 5000 rpm no-load speed table saw for $40 last weekend.  It runs, the guy I bought it from plugged it in and ran it in front of me to check.  I’ve taken it home, blown it out with air from the compressor, and hit the adjusting screws with wd-40.

      However, it didn’t have the blade guard, and it didn’t have either the fence or the miter.  I do not intend on operating it until I have at the very least the blade guard.  It also didn’t have the manual, but that’s only $9.99 from Sears.

      I guess my question is, would it be recommended for me to shop Sears for the parts I need, namely the guard and fence, or is there a better source for the parts elsewhere?  Also, aside from don’t stick your fingers in the running blade, what other advice would there be for a starting table saw worker.

      Bercilak

      --
      Lord Johannes Machiavelli
      Canton of Rokkehealden