Re:bending

  • kelly O'Sullivan
    Message 1 of 1 , Apr 23 1:38 PM
      The time requirment for bending wood is one hour to one inch of wood. So if you have a one inch thick piece of wood regardless of leanth it should be put into the steam box for one hour before coming out, and rember you have only about 45 seconds before the wood colls down to much to bend. It's really cool to watch an one inch pice of oak turn into a wet noodle. At the boat shope wear I'm apprenticing we soak our oak frames for about a week be for we steam them as steaming removes mosture from the wood. Hope this helps.

      Kelly