Trestle table

  • camdus17@juno.com
    Message 1 of 3 , Apr 9 6:26 PM

    Here are some more of the photos I referenced in my last post.

    --Dunstan

    Groupon.com Official Site
    1 huge daily deal on the best stuff to do in your city. Try it today!
    Groupon.com
  • camdus17@juno.com
    Message 2 of 3 , Apr 9 6:42 PM

    Hmm, apparently my first post didn't go through.  I just wanted to join in on the discussion of trestle tables.  I made this one a few years ago for a friend with a Russion persona.  I used a single large cherry plank for the construction.  The legs are zoomorphic as befits a Russian table.  The table top is secured to the legs via tenons in the tops of the legs which fit into blind mortices in the cross-braces attached to the underside of the table top.

    --Dunstan

  • Liedtke Goetz
    Message 3 of 3 , Apr 10 8:22 AM
      What about making the mortice and tenon top connection with a point/wedge to the outside of the table?  Thus, when weight is put on the table it would drive the m&t deeper against itself.

      Goetz

      Hmm, apparently my first post didn't go through.  I just wanted to join in on the discussion of trestle tables.  I made this one a few years ago for a friend with a Russion persona.  I used a single large cherry plank for the construction.  The legs are zoomorphic as befits a Russian table.  The table top is secured to the legs via tenons in the tops of the legs which fit into blind mortices in the cross-braces attached to the underside of the table top.

      --Dunstan

      Attachment(s) from camdus17@...

      2 of 2 Photo(s)