Re: New tool for making Dovetails

  • Geirfold
    Message 1 of 12 , Apr 1, 2011
      Nifty tool but looks like in the video that those saw lines were pre cut for the vid.

      --- In medievalsawdust@yahoogroups.com, Chad Hamilton <chad.laurie@...> wrote:

      > Veritas has a new all-in-one tool for making dovetails. It looks great and the
      > included video shows you that you can make a nice fitting dovetail joint in
      > under 3 minutes.
      >
      > Ælfwine
      >
      > http://www.leevalley.com/us/wood/page.aspx?p=67335

    • Geirfold
      Message 2 of 12 , Apr 1, 2011
        Ok, still too many drugs in the system from the hospital yesterday. Forgot it was April 1.. <sigh>

        --- In medievalsawdust@yahoogroups.com, "Geirfold" <hammered_shamrock@...> wrote:

        > Nifty tool but looks like in the video that those saw lines were pre cut for the vid.
        >
        > --- In medievalsawdust@yahoogroups.com, Chad Hamilton <chad.laurie@> wrote:
        > >
        > > Veritas has a new all-in-one tool for making dovetails. It looks great and the
        > > included video shows you that you can make a nice fitting dovetail joint in
        > > under 3 minutes.
        > >
        > > Ælfwine
        > >
        > > http://www.leevalley.com/us/wood/page.aspx?p=67335

      • ANDREW L
        Message 3 of 12 , Apr 2, 2011
          Yes it is my understanding that they have made them all - they do make their own tools as you know. They only sell the tape measure from 2010. I gave one to my Dad. I have another one sitting around somewhere to give to a Lady friend so she can keep some records of 'projects'.

          Cheers,

          Andrew

          --- In medievalsawdust@yahoogroups.com, "Eric" <ewdysar@...> wrote:

          > I love these guys. This has become something that I look forward to every year. They do a spectacular job, and from what I here, they actually make each of their April products. They've got quite a ccollection by now.
          >
          > Eirikr
        • Copernicus Skygazer
          Message 4 of 12 , Apr 2, 2011
            Sad part is, I knew it was a joke, but I still want to order one ;)
            YIS
            Phillipos the Skeptic