Re: New tool for making Dovetails

  • Broom
    Message 1 of 12 , Apr 1, 2011
      > Don't forget what day it is, folks...  ;-)
      >
      > -- Marcellus

      My fave part:

      "We start with the best Virgin aircraft aluminum – not to be confused
      with unused aluminum – we actually take it from Virgin Atlantic®
      aircraft, using material made available by weight-saving aircraft
      modifications."

      Also - The 1/2" paring chisel is a sturdy 0.10" thick.

      WOW! 0.10"! That's nearly... thick!

      As always, my sig quote is randomly chosen by my computer, which has a
      wicked sharp sense of humor.

      ' | Broom IAmBroom @ gmail . com
      ' | cellphone: 412-389-1997
      ' | 9370 Shadduck Rd, McKean, PA 16426
      '\|/ "Discere et docere", which means:
      '/|\ "Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from a
      //|\\ rigged demo."
    • Jeffrey Johnson
      Message 2 of 12 , Apr 1, 2011

        I love april first.

        On Apr 1, 2011 9:54 AM, "Chad Hamilton" <chad.laurie@...> wrote:
        > Veritas has a new all-in-one tool for making dovetails. It looks great and the
        > included video shows you that you can make a nice fitting dovetail joint in
        > under 3 minutes.
        >
        > Ælfwine
        >
        > http://www.leevalley.com/us/wood/page.aspx?p=67335
      • Geirfold
        Message 3 of 12 , Apr 1, 2011
          Nifty tool but looks like in the video that those saw lines were pre cut for the vid.

          Message 4 of 12 , Apr 1, 2011
            Ok, still too many drugs in the system from the hospital yesterday. Forgot it was April 1.. <sigh>

            --- In medievalsawdust@yahoogroups.com, "Geirfold" <hammered_shamrock@...> wrote:

            > Nifty tool but looks like in the video that those saw lines were pre cut for the vid.
            >
            > --- In medievalsawdust@yahoogroups.com, Chad Hamilton <chad.laurie@> wrote:
            > >
            > > Veritas has a new all-in-one tool for making dovetails. It looks great and the
            > > included video shows you that you can make a nice fitting dovetail joint in
            > > under 3 minutes.
            > >
            > > Ælfwine
            > >
            > > http://www.leevalley.com/us/wood/page.aspx?p=67335

          • ANDREW L
            Message 5 of 12 , Apr 2, 2011
              Yes it is my understanding that they have made them all - they do make their own tools as you know. They only sell the tape measure from 2010. I gave one to my Dad. I have another one sitting around somewhere to give to a Lady friend so she can keep some records of 'projects'.

              Cheers,

              Andrew

              --- In medievalsawdust@yahoogroups.com, "Eric" <ewdysar@...> wrote:

              > I love these guys. This has become something that I look forward to every year. They do a spectacular job, and from what I here, they actually make each of their April products. They've got quite a ccollection by now.
              >
              > Eirikr
            • Copernicus Skygazer
              Message 6 of 12 , Apr 2, 2011
                Sad part is, I knew it was a joke, but I still want to order one ;)
                YIS
                Phillipos the Skeptic