Re: New tool for making Dovetails

  • Eric
    Message 1 of 12 , Apr 1, 2011
      I love these guys. This has become something that I look forward to every year. They do a spectacular job, and from what I here, they actually make each of their April products. They've got quite a ccollection by now.

      Eirikr

    • chad.laurie@sbcglobal.net
      Message 2 of 12 , Apr 1, 2011
        I figured that the dovetails were already cut out and held in with a spot of glue and the kerf marks where filled in with wood dust. I liked the bit about marking the tails with a sharpie because "They are easier to see."

        Ælfwine

        --- In medievalsawdust@yahoogroups.com, "Eric" <ewdysar@...> wrote:

        > I love these guys. This has become something that I look forward to every year. They do a spectacular job, and from what I here, they actually make each of their April products. They've got quite a ccollection by now.
        >
        > Eirikr
        >
        > --- In medievalsawdust@yahoogroups.com, Siegfried <siegfried@> wrote:
        > >
        > > I love the 'practice anywhere' pictures on that page :)
        > >
        > > Also, took me a bit to figure out how they manage to make the video.
        > > Once I did I slapped my forehead.
        > >
        > > *Veneer*
        > >
        > > :) Smart them ... smart.
        > >
        > > Siegfried
        > >

        > > On 4/1/11 10:18 AM, Robert Capozello wrote:
        > > >

        > > > Don't forget what day it is, folks... ;-)
        > > >
        > > > -- Marcellus
        > >
        > > --
        > > Barun Siegfried Sebastian Faust - Barony of Highland Foorde - Atlantia
        > > http://hf.atlantia.sca.org/ - http://crossbows.biz/ - http://eliw.com/

      • Broom
        Message 3 of 12 , Apr 1, 2011
          > Don't forget what day it is, folks...  ;-)
          >
          > -- Marcellus

          My fave part:

          "We start with the best Virgin aircraft aluminum – not to be confused
          with unused aluminum – we actually take it from Virgin Atlantic®
          aircraft, using material made available by weight-saving aircraft
          modifications."

          Also - The 1/2" paring chisel is a sturdy 0.10" thick.

          WOW! 0.10"! That's nearly... thick!

          As always, my sig quote is randomly chosen by my computer, which has a
          wicked sharp sense of humor.

          ' | Broom IAmBroom @ gmail . com
          ' | cellphone: 412-389-1997
          ' | 9370 Shadduck Rd, McKean, PA 16426
          '\|/ "Discere et docere", which means:
          '/|\ "Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from a
          //|\\ rigged demo."
        • Jeffrey Johnson
          Message 4 of 12 , Apr 1, 2011

            I love april first.

            On Apr 1, 2011 9:54 AM, "Chad Hamilton" <chad.laurie@...> wrote:
            > Veritas has a new all-in-one tool for making dovetails. It looks great and the
            > included video shows you that you can make a nice fitting dovetail joint in
            > under 3 minutes.
            >
            > Ælfwine
            >
            > http://www.leevalley.com/us/wood/page.aspx?p=67335
          • Geirfold
            Message 5 of 12 , Apr 1, 2011
              Nifty tool but looks like in the video that those saw lines were pre cut for the vid.

              Message 6 of 12 , Apr 1, 2011
                Ok, still too many drugs in the system from the hospital yesterday. Forgot it was April 1.. <sigh>

                --- In medievalsawdust@yahoogroups.com, "Geirfold" <hammered_shamrock@...> wrote:

                > Nifty tool but looks like in the video that those saw lines were pre cut for the vid.
                >
                > --- In medievalsawdust@yahoogroups.com, Chad Hamilton <chad.laurie@> wrote:
                > >
                > > Veritas has a new all-in-one tool for making dovetails. It looks great and the
                > > included video shows you that you can make a nice fitting dovetail joint in
                > > under 3 minutes.
                > >
                > > Ælfwine
                > >
                > > http://www.leevalley.com/us/wood/page.aspx?p=67335

              • ANDREW L
                Message 7 of 12 , Apr 2, 2011
                  Yes it is my understanding that they have made them all - they do make their own tools as you know. They only sell the tape measure from 2010. I gave one to my Dad. I have another one sitting around somewhere to give to a Lady friend so she can keep some records of 'projects'.

                  Cheers,

                  Andrew

                  --- In medievalsawdust@yahoogroups.com, "Eric" <ewdysar@...> wrote:

                  > I love these guys. This has become something that I look forward to every year. They do a spectacular job, and from what I here, they actually make each of their April products. They've got quite a ccollection by now.
                  >
                  > Eirikr
                • Copernicus Skygazer
                  Message 8 of 12 , Apr 2, 2011
                    Sad part is, I knew it was a joke, but I still want to order one ;)
                    YIS
                    Phillipos the Skeptic