Re: [MedievalSawdust] New tool for making Dovetails

  • Robert Capozello
    Message 1 of 12 , Apr 1 7:18 AM
      Don't forget what day it is, folks...  ;-)

      -- Marcellus

      Message 2 of 12 , Apr 1 8:01 AM
        I love the 'practice anywhere' pictures on that page :)

        Also, took me a bit to figure out how they manage to make the video.
        Once I did I slapped my forehead.

        *Veneer*

        :) Smart them ... smart.

        Siegfried

        On 4/1/11 10:18 AM, Robert Capozello wrote:

        > Don't forget what day it is, folks... ;-)
        >
        > -- Marcellus

      • Eric
        Message 3 of 12 , Apr 1 8:38 AM
          I love these guys. This has become something that I look forward to every year. They do a spectacular job, and from what I here, they actually make each of their April products. They've got quite a ccollection by now.

          Eirikr

        • chad.laurie@sbcglobal.net
          Message 4 of 12 , Apr 1 8:53 AM
            I figured that the dovetails were already cut out and held in with a spot of glue and the kerf marks where filled in with wood dust. I liked the bit about marking the tails with a sharpie because "They are easier to see."

            Ælfwine

            --- In medievalsawdust@yahoogroups.com, "Eric" <ewdysar@...> wrote:

            > I love these guys. This has become something that I look forward to every year. They do a spectacular job, and from what I here, they actually make each of their April products. They've got quite a ccollection by now.
            >
            > Eirikr
            >
            > --- In medievalsawdust@yahoogroups.com, Siegfried <siegfried@> wrote:
            > >
            > > I love the 'practice anywhere' pictures on that page :)
            > >
            > > Also, took me a bit to figure out how they manage to make the video.
            > > Once I did I slapped my forehead.
            > >
            > > *Veneer*
            > >
            > > :) Smart them ... smart.
            > >
            > > Siegfried
            > >

            > > On 4/1/11 10:18 AM, Robert Capozello wrote:
            > > >

            > > > Don't forget what day it is, folks... ;-)
            > > >
            > > > -- Marcellus
            > >
            > > --
            > > Barun Siegfried Sebastian Faust - Barony of Highland Foorde - Atlantia
            > > http://hf.atlantia.sca.org/ - http://crossbows.biz/ - http://eliw.com/

          • Broom
            Message 5 of 12 , Apr 1 9:11 AM
              > Don't forget what day it is, folks...  ;-)
              >
              > -- Marcellus

              My fave part:

              "We start with the best Virgin aircraft aluminum – not to be confused
              with unused aluminum – we actually take it from Virgin Atlantic®
              aircraft, using material made available by weight-saving aircraft
              modifications."

              Also - The 1/2" paring chisel is a sturdy 0.10" thick.

              WOW! 0.10"! That's nearly... thick!

              As always, my sig quote is randomly chosen by my computer, which has a
              wicked sharp sense of humor.

              ' | Broom IAmBroom @ gmail . com
              ' | cellphone: 412-389-1997
              ' | 9370 Shadduck Rd, McKean, PA 16426
              '\|/ "Discere et docere", which means:
              '/|\ "Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from a
              //|\\ rigged demo."
            • Jeffrey Johnson
              Message 6 of 12 , Apr 1 9:36 AM

                I love april first.

                On Apr 1, 2011 9:54 AM, "Chad Hamilton" <chad.laurie@...> wrote:
                > Veritas has a new all-in-one tool for making dovetails. It looks great and the
                > included video shows you that you can make a nice fitting dovetail joint in
                > under 3 minutes.
                >
                > Ælfwine
                >
                > http://www.leevalley.com/us/wood/page.aspx?p=67335
              • Geirfold
                Message 7 of 12 , Apr 1 10:50 AM
                  Nifty tool but looks like in the video that those saw lines were pre cut for the vid.

                  Message 8 of 12 , Apr 1 10:55 AM
                    Ok, still too many drugs in the system from the hospital yesterday. Forgot it was April 1.. <sigh>

                    --- In medievalsawdust@yahoogroups.com, "Geirfold" <hammered_shamrock@...> wrote:

                    > Nifty tool but looks like in the video that those saw lines were pre cut for the vid.
                    >
                    > --- In medievalsawdust@yahoogroups.com, Chad Hamilton <chad.laurie@> wrote:
                    > >
                    > > Veritas has a new all-in-one tool for making dovetails. It looks great and the
                    > > included video shows you that you can make a nice fitting dovetail joint in
                    > > under 3 minutes.
                    > >
                    > > Ælfwine
                    > >
                    > > http://www.leevalley.com/us/wood/page.aspx?p=67335

                  • ANDREW L
                    Message 9 of 12 , Apr 2 2:48 PM
                      Yes it is my understanding that they have made them all - they do make their own tools as you know. They only sell the tape measure from 2010. I gave one to my Dad. I have another one sitting around somewhere to give to a Lady friend so she can keep some records of 'projects'.

                      Cheers,

                      Andrew

                      --- In medievalsawdust@yahoogroups.com, "Eric" <ewdysar@...> wrote:

                      > I love these guys. This has become something that I look forward to every year. They do a spectacular job, and from what I here, they actually make each of their April products. They've got quite a ccollection by now.
                      >
                      > Eirikr
                    • Copernicus Skygazer
                      Message 10 of 12 , Apr 2 6:04 PM
                        Sad part is, I knew it was a joke, but I still want to order one ;)
                        YIS
                        Phillipos the Skeptic