New tool for making Dovetails

  • Chad Hamilton
    Message 1 of 12 , Apr 1, 2011
      Veritas has a new all-in-one tool for making dovetails.  It looks great and the included video shows you that you can make a nice fitting dovetail joint in under 3 minutes.

      Ælfwine

      http://www.leevalley.com/us/wood/page.aspx?p=67335
    • Dan Baker
      Message 2 of 12 , Apr 1, 2011
        Interesting, did you order one?  I would like hearing about it from someone I know

        On Fri, Apr 1, 2011 at 8:54 AM, Chad Hamilton <chad.laurie@...> wrote:

        Veritas has a new all-in-one tool for making dovetails.  It looks great and the included video shows you that you can make a nice fitting dovetail joint in under 3 minutes.

        Ælfwine

        http://www.leevalley.com/us/wood/page.aspx?p=67335

      • Robert Capozello
        Message 3 of 12 , Apr 1, 2011
          Don't forget what day it is, folks...  ;-)

          -- Marcellus

          Message 4 of 12 , Apr 1, 2011
            I love the 'practice anywhere' pictures on that page :)

            Also, took me a bit to figure out how they manage to make the video.
            Once I did I slapped my forehead.

            *Veneer*

            :) Smart them ... smart.

            Siegfried

            On 4/1/11 10:18 AM, Robert Capozello wrote:

            > Don't forget what day it is, folks... ;-)
            >
            > -- Marcellus

          • Eric
            Message 5 of 12 , Apr 1, 2011
              I love these guys. This has become something that I look forward to every year. They do a spectacular job, and from what I here, they actually make each of their April products. They've got quite a ccollection by now.

              Eirikr

            • chad.laurie@sbcglobal.net
              Message 6 of 12 , Apr 1, 2011
                I figured that the dovetails were already cut out and held in with a spot of glue and the kerf marks where filled in with wood dust. I liked the bit about marking the tails with a sharpie because "They are easier to see."

                Ælfwine

                --- In medievalsawdust@yahoogroups.com, "Eric" <ewdysar@...> wrote:

                > I love these guys. This has become something that I look forward to every year. They do a spectacular job, and from what I here, they actually make each of their April products. They've got quite a ccollection by now.
                >
                > Eirikr
                >
                > --- In medievalsawdust@yahoogroups.com, Siegfried <siegfried@> wrote:
                > >
                > > I love the 'practice anywhere' pictures on that page :)
                > >
                > > Also, took me a bit to figure out how they manage to make the video.
                > > Once I did I slapped my forehead.
                > >
                > > *Veneer*
                > >
                > > :) Smart them ... smart.
                > >
                > > Siegfried
                > >

                > > On 4/1/11 10:18 AM, Robert Capozello wrote:
                > > >

                > > > Don't forget what day it is, folks... ;-)
                > > >
                > > > -- Marcellus
                > >
                > > --
                > > Barun Siegfried Sebastian Faust - Barony of Highland Foorde - Atlantia
                > > http://hf.atlantia.sca.org/ - http://crossbows.biz/ - http://eliw.com/

              • Broom
                Message 7 of 12 , Apr 1, 2011
                  > Don't forget what day it is, folks...  ;-)
                  >
                  > -- Marcellus

                  My fave part:

                  "We start with the best Virgin aircraft aluminum – not to be confused
                  with unused aluminum – we actually take it from Virgin Atlantic®
                  aircraft, using material made available by weight-saving aircraft
                  modifications."

                  Also - The 1/2" paring chisel is a sturdy 0.10" thick.

                  WOW! 0.10"! That's nearly... thick!

                  As always, my sig quote is randomly chosen by my computer, which has a
                  wicked sharp sense of humor.

                  ' | Broom IAmBroom @ gmail . com
                  ' | cellphone: 412-389-1997
                  ' | 9370 Shadduck Rd, McKean, PA 16426
                  '\|/ "Discere et docere", which means:
                  '/|\ "Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from a
                  //|\\ rigged demo."
                • Jeffrey Johnson
                  Message 8 of 12 , Apr 1, 2011

                    I love april first.

                    On Apr 1, 2011 9:54 AM, "Chad Hamilton" <chad.laurie@...> wrote:
                    > Veritas has a new all-in-one tool for making dovetails. It looks great and the
                    > included video shows you that you can make a nice fitting dovetail joint in
                    > under 3 minutes.
                    >
                    > Ælfwine
                    >
                    > http://www.leevalley.com/us/wood/page.aspx?p=67335
                  • Geirfold
                    Message 9 of 12 , Apr 1, 2011
                      Nifty tool but looks like in the video that those saw lines were pre cut for the vid.

                      Message 10 of 12 , Apr 1, 2011
                        Ok, still too many drugs in the system from the hospital yesterday. Forgot it was April 1.. <sigh>

                        --- In medievalsawdust@yahoogroups.com, "Geirfold" <hammered_shamrock@...> wrote:

                        > Nifty tool but looks like in the video that those saw lines were pre cut for the vid.
                        >
                        > --- In medievalsawdust@yahoogroups.com, Chad Hamilton <chad.laurie@> wrote:
                        > >
                        > > Veritas has a new all-in-one tool for making dovetails. It looks great and the
                        > > included video shows you that you can make a nice fitting dovetail joint in
                        > > under 3 minutes.
                        > >
                        > > Ælfwine
                        > >
                        > > http://www.leevalley.com/us/wood/page.aspx?p=67335

                      • ANDREW L
                        Message 11 of 12 , Apr 2, 2011
                          Yes it is my understanding that they have made them all - they do make their own tools as you know. They only sell the tape measure from 2010. I gave one to my Dad. I have another one sitting around somewhere to give to a Lady friend so she can keep some records of 'projects'.

                          Cheers,

                          Andrew

                          --- In medievalsawdust@yahoogroups.com, "Eric" <ewdysar@...> wrote:

                          > I love these guys. This has become something that I look forward to every year. They do a spectacular job, and from what I here, they actually make each of their April products. They've got quite a ccollection by now.
                          >
                          > Eirikr
                        • Copernicus Skygazer
                          Message 12 of 12 , Apr 2, 2011
                            Sad part is, I knew it was a joke, but I still want to order one ;)
                            YIS
                            Phillipos the Skeptic