RE: [MedievalSawdust] Dust collection

  • Bobby Bourgoin (Robert du Bourg)
    Message 1 of 11 , Mar 31, 2011

      The only thing is with longer hoses you loose a lot of suction power…

      Especially if it has a lot of bends in it or a lot of ripples (most flex hoses have ripples or ridges)

      Seigneur Robert du Bourg

      Châtelain du Havre des Glaces

      Député Sénéchal du Havre des Glaces

      Membre de l’Ordre du Lys d’Argent

      Homme d’Arme de Lord Marek O’Brien

      bobby.bourgoin@...

      Bobby Bourgoin

      Message 2 of 11 , Apr 1, 2011
        Hello,

        Normally I wouldn't share this as it's technicly a commercial but I
        found it inspiring and I bet no one here has built a wooden instrument
        quite this complex and this simple all at the same time.

        http://www.engadget.com/2011/03/31/mesmerizing-touch-wood-sh-08c-ad-showcases-japans-beauty-manki/

        Enjoy
        Sean
      • Brian Wagner
        Message 3 of 11 , Apr 1, 2011
          I use a Grizzly 2 hp cannister filter dust collector.  The plan was to plumb in rigid ductwork, but I'm still running it with flex hose...  Very happy with the unit.  Also running their remote controlled hanging air filter unit - it rattles on high (something is loose, I need to investigate someday... can you tell I procrastinate a bit?).

          Hrothgar Fiscabana
          Barony of Small Gray Bear
          Kingdom of Gleann Abhann

        • Bobby Bourgoin (Robert du Bourg)
          Message 4 of 11 , Apr 1, 2011

            I use a “Nordique” 1.5hp (the biggest I can run on 120volt) dust collector and a “Nordique” hanging air filter.  My shop is only big enough to set up one tool at a time (all my power tools are on mobile bases and lined up along the longest wall of my shop, when I want to use a tool, I pull it to the middle of my shop, plug in the power and the dust collector, do my cut(s), and then return the tool to it’s place along the wall) (and I can’t cut a 4x8 sheet length wise on my table saw, I have to set it up on saw horses and use a circular saw and straight edge)

            Oh, and I also use a remote control unit to control my dust collector, so I don’t have to run it constantly, or get ready to cut and realize it’s not running…

            The remote hangs from my belt so it’s always handy…

            Message 5 of 11 , Apr 2, 2011
              I've made one of those as a prefilter for my Delta 50-760. Course I also
              put one of the better pleated filters on top of the Delta instead of the
              bag. I really like the thien separator, helps keep the bag on the Delta
              empty.

              YIS
              Phillipos the Skeptic